Ramsbottom Heritage Society members have used the lockdown to finish a book on the history of Nuttall village, entitled ‘Nuttall Ramsbottom’s Lost Village’. The book has 150 pages, is Royale Format ( 156mm * 234mm) and retails at £9.99.
Nuttall lies beside the River Irwell between Nuttall Park and Summerseat. It was once a vibrant village, but it is now hidden beneath undergrowth with walls only appearing when the vegetation dies down in the winter. This book tells the story of Nuttall village from the 13th century to the present, and is illustrated throughout with old photographs, maps, and recent photographs.
- The De Notogh family and the history of Nuttall Hall and Farm
- The Mills and village in the 19th Century
- People with Nuttall connections in the 19th Century
- The village from 1890s to 1930s
- The village in the mid 20th Century
- Life in the village during World War 2
- Home Life
- The games children played
- The village since the houses were demolished
- Waterpower at Nuttall Mills
- The Ocean Chemical Company, Ltd.