The conservation group is a sub group of the Ramsbottom Heritage Society, who meet monthly to discuss planning applications which could affect the character of Ramsbottom.
Please contact us if you have any concerns about a planning application, and we will help if we can.
Current and recent projects have included
- The restoration of the Porritt and Spencer War Memorial plaque which is located inside the British Legion club on Central Street.
- The moving of a Strang Lamppost to Morrisons Car Park and the design of an interpretation board
- The restoration of the bandstand base in Nuttall Park to make it safe
- The restoration of the circular wall on the gardens at the top of Kay Brow, which was formerly St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
- Old street signs installed - such as Grant's Entry and Draba Brow
- Blue Plaques such as Old Ground and The Model